You are here
Area Manager / Based in Zambia / FMCG Global Leader
Ability to motivate and lead large sales teams
A minimum of 7 years work experience in the FMCG sector
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading FMCG company with headquarters in Europe and over EUR 10 billion revenue annually.
The role must ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of teams - either 3rd party or Internal.
Report to the Managing Director - South Central Africa
- Own, manage and deliver the set sales volume targets through with 3rd Party Distributors Sales team in Zambia.
- Build and sustain an effective route to market through 3rd parties achieving coverage based on defined objectives in local market.
- Effective coverage of relevant On & Off trade outlets within defined area, build the right relationships with the right customers and trade partners Excellence in Execution of all quarterly brand and trade activity plans either through 3rd party agencies, Customer Trade Teams or directly with the trade development reps.
- Effectively manage and conduct performance appraisal on sales team, customers and agencies to ensure sales revenues and trade execution are met in line with PRSCA objectives.
- Building positive relationship through super engagement, supporting, coaching and motivating customer, sales teams and agencies.
- Effectively managing allocated budgets and company resources within your defined area.
90% Travel within a defined geographic area, province or country with occasional international trips.
The Successful Applicant
- A university degree or relevant tertiary qualification in commerce, sales and marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years in FMCG sector or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- Ability to motivate and lead large sales teams, 3rd Party Customers and Activation agencies in a challenging environment.
- Must be Independent, Results orientated and innovative thinker
- Ability to influence and engage with stakeholders at all levels both internal and external
- Good planning and team management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Must possess a valid drivers.
What's on Offer