You are here
Base Metals Sales Manager - Africa
Global Organisation offering growth, challenges and travel
Great opportunity for a sales professional with a marketing flair
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational organisation within the mining industry.
As the Base Metals Sales Manager - Africa, you will report to the Head of Marketing Africa - Precious and Base Metals, and based in Johannesburg.
Your role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Sales execution - Execute sales plans to ensure delivery of regional sales volumes
- Build, develop and maintain long term relationships with key clients
- Manage the stocks and shipping plan to ensure that customer expectations are met. You will be required to build strong relationships with Logistic services, refineries and international sales teams as well as local teams.
- Identify and implement strategic sales initiatives.
- Develop and manage a strong portfolio of existing clients as well as new clients
- Execute sales activities in alignment with business strategy, integrity and governance strategies
- Maintain accurate information ensuring compliance is met
The Successful Applicant
The successful Base Metals Sales Manager - Africa will be based in Johannesburg and have the following requirements and technical skills:
- Degree educated: Commercial, Economics, Marketing, Business Management will be ideal.
- Experience with selling metals is essential ( platinum, chrome, copper).
- Hands on approach - This role will entail a large amount of admin especially relating to governance and company compliance.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Attention to detail is vital
- Ability to communicate fluently in English - Both written and spoken.
- Excel and PowerPoint are tools that will be used regularly - Skills in these programs are essential.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally - Up to date and Valid Passport.
What's on Offer
A great offer with benefits as well as career growth.