You are here
BI Developer/ Database Administrator
5 Years Practical Experience in Qlikview
2 Years MySQL Database Server Experience
About Our Client
My client based in Johannesburg is a market leader in the insurance and asset finance industry
The BI Developer/ Database Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- To engage in business / technical meetings
- To engage in technical scoping sessions with a clear mandate of defining and agreeing the technology, design & tools
- Responsible for producing working implementation (code) from functional / technical documents like a functional specification.
- To ensure appropriate use of tools and applications that are in place to support the development process and SDLC.
- Providing information which contributes to training manuals/material
- Interacting and maintaining good relationships with business stakeholders (business users, project management resources, testing and training teams)
- Performance Management - To engage with leadership
- To engage leadership and take initiative around career growth & training.
The Successful Applicant
As the BI Developer/ Database Administrator you would be required to have the following :
- Excellent understanding and practical experience (4-5 years) in Qlikview
- Good computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related IT degree / diploma
- Excellent understanding and practical experience (2-3 years) in programming (Object Orientated language) an advantage
- Good understanding and experience (3 years) in using J2EE application server i.e. Tomcat / JBoss an advantage
- In depth knowledge and experience (2 years) in using UML.
- MySQL Enterprise edition knowledge and practical experience (3 - 4 years). Other Database Server i.e. DB2/SQL/Oracle knowledge and experience an advantage.
- Experience using XML, Grails / Groovy, Design Tool i.e. XDE, Servlets, Internet development.
- Worked in a multi-project environment before.
- Knowledge of and exposure to SDLC / Change Control / Release Management
What's on Offer
My client is offering the BI Developer/ Database Administrator a cost to company ranging between R400 000 and R480 000 per annum, this is negotiable based on experience and qualifications