You are here
Business Development Manager, Tanzania
- A global leading FMCG company willing to penetrate in the Tanzanian market
- The Business Developer Manager to act as a Country Manager in Tanzania
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading FMCG company willing to penetrate in the Tanzanian market.
Our client manages various strong brands with over 100 affiliates and 30,000 employees worldwide.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the sales performance, across all channels in Tanzania and will report to the Sales Director based in Nairobi, Kenya.
He will assist the Sales Director in delivering the overall country's sales objectives, whilst supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the companies' policies and strategies.
Main focus areas include:
- To steer the local customer and product portfolio that ensures the delivery of the agreed sales, profit, pricing and distribution targets and presence at POP
- To assist in the co-ordination and implementation of the country's investment strategy, maximising long-term profitable growth, within the set parameters.
- Acts as the internal and external 'Country's Customer Champion' ensuring customer and distributor relationships are established through partnership
- To partner with the distributor with clear focus on distribution, in market promotions, sales, stock management, POS implementation, payments, data collection and analysis
- Provides Information on the developments within the market e.g. Trade and Competitor activity
The Successful Applicant
The Business Developer should meet the following requirements:
- Be an Tanzanian citizen
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a wide range of FMCG functions with a recognized business
- Be specialist in the areas of brand management, trade marketing and category management, mixed with a very high level of commercial business sense
- Have a strong operational knowledge and experience of working with a distributor and key accounts.
- Possess a BA in Business Administration, Marketing or similar from a recognized University
- Be fluent in English and local languages
What's on Offer
Basic Salary: Circa USD45,000 per annum