You are here
Business Development Manager
- A rare and exciting opportunity to join a leading Insurance provider
- Based in Africa, this is a great role for someone in the region or relocating
About Our Client
William Russell Limited is a successful, privately owned, international provider of health, life and protection insurance for expatriates globally, with its head office in the UK, an office in Hong Kong, Dubai and Thailand, and a growing number of partnerships with insurance companies around the world.
With over 20 years' experience in the international insurance industry, William Russell has established a reputation for excellent customer service and integrity within our target audiences of expatriates, high net worth individuals, and small to medium sized international businesses.
The business is currently going through a period of significant positive change, with a great deal of investment in its IT platform. Alongside this change are ambitious expansion plans and to help it achieve it's objectives, it is looking for a highly motivated, Business Development Manager to develop existing and new distribution relationships throughout the Africa region.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious international company that wants to grow in key countries within the region.
As Business Development Manager you will work directly with the Head of International Business Development to meet and exceed new business targets.
Your key objectives are to substantially increase sales of William Russell products throughout the Africa region as determined by the company, raising the company's profile and reputation as an international insurance provider of international standing.
This role is a perfect opportunity for someone with experience of the African market to build a lasting career within a global market-leader. William Russell are looking for someone to manage the existing portfolio and develop new relationships with the objective of increasing sales from a panel of brokers and raising the profile of William Russell within the African market.
The appointed candidate will be instrumental in the success of the region and will play a key role in the expansion plans for the wider company. The exposure to key clients, key decision-makers and a rapidly growing economy will project your career further and faster than in an ordinary position.
The majority of your time will be spent in front of clients to win new business and develop strong ties with companies that already have relationships with William Russell. Working closely with the International Head of Business Development, you will strategically target clients and opportunities in line with achieving challenging yet rewarding company targets.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Business Development Manager will have prior experience of selling Insurance products into the African market and will be either living in the region or willing to relocate.
You will have a successful track record within one or two African-based insurance organisations where you will have achieved progression and results, in addition to:
- Desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to further your career in a progressive company in a growing market
- Account Management experience to nurture existing relationships
- Hunger, Drive and Ambition to succeed in a new business capacity
- Driven by earnings and career progression
- Ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Telephone sales experience.
- Good knowledge of health insurance, life insurance and income protection products.
- Experience of dealing with intermediaries.
- Strong communication skills over the phone and face to face.
- Planning & organisational skills.
- Ability to build relationships remotely & a disciplined, methodical & consistent approach.
- Positive attitude, excellent communicator and target orientated.
- Goal focused.
- Solutions orientated.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, with the initiative to work independently when required.
- IT literate.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Honest with integrity - A strong sense of Honour, Integrity, Ethics and Loyalty are core.
- Ambitious - you will be ready to take on the challenge of establishing, managing and growing new business relationships.
- Well travelled - you will ideally have worked as an expatriate, and you will be familiar with the Africa region.
- Energetic - you will have the energy to travel throughout the region, developing and maintaining contact with key intermediaries in the region.
- Responsible - you will take the responsibility of building the William Russell brand very seriously.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary + Commission + Benefits