You are here
Business Development Manager:Transportation - East Africa
Global Multi-Billion European Technical Services Company
Can be based in Nairobi or Dar es Salaam
About Our Client
Our client is a global market leader in providing technical services to all types of industries. They are a European based company and have over 9,000 staff on the African continent. They are well known for the high quality of their staff, having a collaborative work environment and the ability to move their staff both within Africa and overseas. Specifically, this role will provide the successful candidate with great exposure to the East African business marketplace.
You will report to the Global Business Development Manager based in Europe, and be responsible for all business development activities across the East Africa region. Our client has many industry verticals, and you will be responsible for their Transport Sector, focusing on clients in the road, rail, aerospace and sea transport sectors.
The main focus of your role will be to engage with new and current clients to sell the technical service offerings that our client provides through a variety of sales approaches. Most importantly, you will build relationships with people to better understand their businesses, and therefore their potential needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Familiarisation with Transportation Sector service offerings processes and practices.
- Identify prospect market opportunities across Manufacturers
- Work Closely with Global Technical Teams on all technology related aspects of the solution by coordinating bids, solution development and alignment.
- Responsibility for owning the opportunity with the local services and global technical delivery team in a supporting role.
- Assist in development of strategy for successful entry into the Transportation services marketplace.
- Focus on the needs of customers with a specific drive to sign a Contract with relevant service level agreements.
- Continue to cultivate client relationships once business has been assured.
- Ensure targets for proposals, client's visits, sales of new clients and sales revenue for the Transportation solutions are achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have between 10 and 18 years work experience, with 5 years of a strong track record in business development. Specifically, you will have done BDM activities in a Business 2 Business environment, and even more specifically, exposure to working with government or semi-government institutions will be highly advantageous.
While a degree or other academic study will be well regarded, it is not compulsory. More important is your capability in business development.
Industry wise, it would be preferred if you have worked in an infrastructure sector, whether this is transport, aerospace, rail, marine, industrial or building related. But we are open to talking to candidates from other sectors, as long as there is relevance.
Other requirements include:
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and record-keeping skills
- Strong service orientation, and professional appearance and behaviour
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Fluency in English is critical
- Ability to work with public authorities, organisations and institutions
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a very competitive salary package which includes an annual gross base, as well as a variety of benefits and allowances, including a performance bonus. Apart from salary, they offer the opportunity for you to join a global leader in their industry sector, best in class training and development, as well as future career opportunities both within Africa and overseas. Those who perform well get promotional opportunities - it is a merit based organisation.