You are here
Category Procurement Manager
We are looking for a strategic Procurement Manager
You will have fresh produce / agriculture procurement experience
About Our Client
Our client is a well known multi-national brand with offices in Johannesburg and around the world
The Category Procurement Manager will be responsible for
- Define and implement protein/poultry strategies and policies within SA to ensure long term success of the brand in South Africa.
- Ensure contingency principles are defined and ready for implementation across suppliers.
- Leverage direction set by Strategic Sourcing Director for Afric commodities to setting local direction for long term assured and cost optimized supply of protein/poultry.
- Overall accountable for QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) across your suppliers. Supported by QA&FS and CS&P teams
- Drive the execution of category plans through formal category management and strategic sourcing methods
- Ensure effective negotiations of commercial terms , whilst mitigating risk and exceeding stakeholders requirements
- Work with marketing and FIT to provide support on innovation calendar and where your category is required to enable this innovation/change.
- Work with Marketing and CS&L team to ensure the demand and supply planning across your suppliers is effectively done and that demand signal numbers are shared on a defined (monthly) frequency with your suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
As the Category Procurement Manager you will have the following experience
Min 7-9 Years' experience in senior roles involved with strategic sourcing.
- Strong commercial understanding and experience in driving down cost and identifying cost saving opportunities, with a track record of delivering total cost savings
- Analytical, numerate, able to develop models and solve problems.
- Possess excellent negotiating skills and experience.
- Good communication, persuasion and change management skills including obtaining buy in.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in strategic sourcing and purchase category management, including understanding supplier or product cost drivers and other factors that influence pricing.
- Preferably experience in managing food and packaging categories
- Ideally possess experience in formal project management
What's on Offer
A Market related salary is on offer depending on experience