You are here
This position is now filled
Chief Financial Accountant, Global Oil & Gas Company
- Chief financial Accountant, Oil & Gas
- Chief Financial Accountant, Global Oil & Gas Company
About Our Client
Our client is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 45 countries. It has expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 7,500 employees.
Their core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products, and are underpinned by investment in infrastructure which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Their downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors.
Our client currently has a global network of over 2,000 retail service stations. And also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
General Purpose Of Position
Financial and accounts management is the process of preparing accurate financial information timeously. The Senior Chief Accountant is responsible for this function.
- Manage and supervise the overall activities of the Finance & Accounting functions in the entities that have been set up in the Africa Region.
- Provide to management a timely weekly and monthly reporting and ensure that it represents a true and fair statement of the operating activities. In charge of the annual budgeting process.
- Comply with all Group and Statutory requirements of the company at both local and Group level. Ensure that all requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Prepare the company's financial reports and present findings and recommendations to the General management and senior management.
- Comply with local tax regulations and with any legal requirement
- Supporting the Finance Manager in identifying inefficiencies in the business in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland
- Reporting back on the inefficiencies
- Implementing new strategies in South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland
- Ensure accuracy on financial information.
- Ensure that product margins and variable costs are reviewed on a daily basis, and corrective actions to be taken immediately.
- Ensure the financial accounting system is fully implemented and used effectively across the African region.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reports are accurate and sent on time.
- To adhere to all HSE requirements.
- To effectively manage employees through applying the company People Management principles, and to develop, coach and mentor subordinates to promote a positive working environment which will attract and retain skilled staff and increase productivity.
Context and Environment
- Activity: management of all general accounting and financial activities.
- Organisation: Support Operations, Sales Retail and Commercial business, including Lesotho and Swaziland
- Legal: Local and Group regulations and standards to be complied with.
- The jobholder is accountable for performance of the financial accounting. All the activities are driven to achieve key business objectives; conduct all finance process in the professional manner, adhere to local legislations and Group standards and adhere to all internal processes with implementation of efficient controls of people and resources.
- KPI: CAPEX and OPEX.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-8 years post articles experience in a finance accounting field
- 4 years minimum as Chief Financial Accountant
- 3 years minimum managerial experience (team of 15 to be managed)
- Must be a driven individual that has a very strong work ethic and that is able to think outside the scope of his own responsibilities.
- Vast understanding of accounting concepts and disciplines
- Extensive experience in general accounting in a petrochemical, production or industrial environment
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Navision (optional)
- The must be knowledgeable in Finance legislated standards
- Project Management
- Standards and Legislation
- Multi-Disciplinary Skills
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Performance Bias - Mastery
- Business Awareness - Expert
- Partnership and Team work - Mastery
- Leading People - Expert
· Wise Decisions and Innovation - Expert
What's on Offer
R1,200,000 - R1,500,000 basic + Performance bonus + 100% medical + 15% Pension