You are here
Commercial Director / Green Energy and Credit Provider
Dynamic role in a fast-growing market
Based in Kampala, but the job requires field travel in and outside Uganda
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing green energy provider in East Africa.
The Commercial Director leads the marketing and sales organization. The Commercial Director further oversees the expansion of the branch network in and beyond Uganda. There is a significant opportunity to grow staff productivity, while also increasing the level of client satisfaction. He/she reports to the COO, and works hand in hand with the other senior executives. The Commercial Director will be based in Kampala, but the job requires field travel in and outside Uganda.
- Develop a deep and constant understanding of client preferences and sales staff behaviour;
- Develop a winning sales strategy and report progress against results;
- Build a strong middle manager layer;
- Lead the execution of the sales strategy and achieve the targets set for sales, credit portfolio quality and client satisfaction;
- Ensure smooth collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Identify new commercial opportunities or opportunities to increase efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
- You have over 8 years of successful sales management experience, preferably in a fast growing decentralized retail organization in East Africa.
- You have a proven track record in managing a sales force. Able to guide and motivate decentralized sales teams to set and achieve their targets, while working in a complex, constantly changing and resource-constrained environment. You are able make people around you perform better by constant training and coaching.
- You are a problem-solver and a good communicator.
- You have completed a BSc and MSc/MBA degree.
What's on Offer