You are here
Global Organisation requires a Commercial Manager
Based in Cape Town, Growth and Challenges offered
About Our Client
Our client is an international Transport & Distribution organisation with offices globally. The South African head office is based in Cape Town.
As the successful Commercial Manager you will be based in Cape Town with a team reporting to you and reporting to the Managing Director.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing measurable input to the business strategy within the role limit
- Set and deliver commercial objectives which are within the strategy and business objectives
- Think out of the box and be creative in making improve existing systems, practices and approaches to ensure influencing methods meet customer needs and improve the productivity.
- Develop volume and revenue budgets
- Prepare business cases for capital investment which provide for appropriate rates of return on investment and which contribute to growth of the business
- Monitor competitor activity and recommend action where necessary by providing market research and intelligence
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the industry ensuring that the business is kept abreast of trends impacting or likely top impact the business
- Establish business priorities to meet the requirements and be responsible for customer service and satisfaction survey
- Driving continuous improvement in productivity and cost management ensuring a secure business.
- Select, negotiate and enter into binding agreements with customers and support the execution and maintenance of service levels as agreed
- Reinforce the Group culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with Group policies
- This position contributes to the establishment longer term business strategy. Lead the translation of the Sales & Marketing strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans
- Responsible for attracting and retaining customers and ensures development of a highly professional relationship to the various decisions makers within the customer's organisation
- Drive and manage the customer value proposition to secure growth and a profitable sales development.
- Identify, develop and oversee business opportunities locally and regionally
- Oversee the preparation of tariff and cost analyses and comparative studies or reports
- Manage and maintain relationships with key accounts- local & international
- Measure and communicate commercial results to the organisation periodically
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Manager will possess the following key criteria:
- Commercial Qualification in business, marketing or related function
- Minimum 8 - 10 years within a Commercial position and a minimum of 5 years within a leadership position.
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the Commercial and associated functions.
- Detailed understanding of the various links with other functional areas.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills on all levels.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organisation
- P&L Management experience
- Experience within the Freight, Shipping and Logistics industry
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to interpret data
- Requires good time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgement, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion
What's on Offer
A great package with opportunity within a global organisation.