You are here
About Our Client
The organisation is a national manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded tissue products. They are a market leader across the majority of industry categories and segments in which they operate - supplying both consumer households and businesses nationwide.
- People Management: Must be able to plan and manage resources for optimal delivery.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Participate in financial review of projects, review forecast overhead information based on expected expenditure to monitor costs and control over expenditure, track ROIC performance of implemented capital projects.
- Corporate Governance and Compliance: Ensuring Financial Compliance of all contracts and adherence to Group Operating Manuals, King III requirements, and IFRS
- Cash Flow Management: Manage working capital and cash flow requirements of the business, including Cash Forecasting
- Fixed Assets Management: Responsible for best practices in terms fixed assets of the business are followed.
- High quality internal and external financial reporting: Responsible for compilation of full set of AFS, ownership of balance sheet and all reconciliations
- Continuous Improvement: to develop the existing processes so as to ensure continuous improvement
- Recognise and resolve customer satisfaction issues (both internal and external).
- Partners with all central functions such as shared finance, IT and HR to ensure that enabling strategies and tactics are in place and are consistent with broader business strategies and tactics.
- Protect the financial integrity of the company by enforcing and auditing policies.
- Manage Risk: External and Internal Audit relationships
- Stakeholder Management: Management and coordination of external service providers
- Establish appropriate insurance structure for the Group
- Sustainability and environmental reports: coordination of returns
- Mergers and Acquisitions involvement
- Development of finance models including project models to assist the business
The Successful Applicant
- 5-10 year's experience in a similar capacity,
- Detailed understanding of complex commercial, accounting and financial reporting issues (IFRS),
- Treasury/Cash Management experience
- Cash flows & forecasting experience
- Long term views of cash flows and Bank Covenants
- Business Acumen
- Able to understand and comprehend complex problems and identify and isolate key issues
- Analytical thinker: Must be comfortable analysing and interpreting complex data and drawing logical conclusions
- Quick and sound decision making based on materiality and financial reporting risk. Must be able to make confident, pragmatic and appropriate judgements
- Communication skills to influence and persuade others positively
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Must be culturally aware and have excellent people skills to succeed in this challenging role.
- Must be able to prioritise work appropriately, recognising the relative importance of tasks
- in light of conflicting commercial and operational activities.
- Organized and methodical
- Excellent IFRS knowledge and skills
- Taxation knowledge
What's on Offer