You are here
Director: Transactional Banking, MUFG
- Director Transactional Banking, MUFG
- Director: Cash, Trade and FX products, MUFG
About Our Client
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's largest and most diversified financial groups.
The group has the largest overseas network of any Japanese bank, comprising offices and subsidiaries, including MUFG Union Bank and Bank of Ayudhya, in more than 40 countries and 1,150 offices around the world.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU) is one of the group's five primary operating companies. They have a very strong balance sheet in SA and RoA and is ranked 1st in terms of loans originated. MUFG is looking to increase its fees generated by approx 15% within the next year and grow their corporate client abse.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- To be a subject matter expert on all trade related subjects (including doc trade, supply chain, emerging use of technology in trade, capital efficiencies, use of distribution markets)
- Be a role model for the team in terms of approach to and execution of: strategic thinking, client and internal stakeholder engagement, account planning, external industry engagement and representation, complex deal management and deal solution structuring.
- Directly responsible as a Trade Product Partner for working with the RM teams to grow the baseline of business with a portfolio of existing clients ("sales") and to identify and develop new client and business acquisition ("origination") - potentially across 'GC' i.e. Global Corporate as well as 'JC' i.e. Japanese Corporate and 'FI' i.e. Financial Institution clients.
- Working directly with the ED, Head of Trade EMEA on planning, strategy and ultimately delivery on all short and medium term KPIs.
- Understand MUFGs global TB and other related product capabilities and cross sell these to clients.
- The succesful candidate will have no direct reports initially but with the expectation to be able to deputise for the Head of Trade EMEA in terms of supporting the teams personal development as well as all other business duties.
- 'Sales' - Grow the baseline trade revenues, assets and enhance returns from the baseline levels from existing clients in your portfolio to meet individual and team targets.
- 'Origination' - Working with the RMs across the EMEA region, Identify and acquire new trade clients and new business lines with existing trade clients to meet individual and team targets.
- Develop and continually enhance effective trade account plans for key clients and actively contribute to client planning sessions as well as supporting other colleagues with their planning.
- Develop 'trusted advisor' level working relationships with key clients at an appropriate level of seniority (i.e. the key buyer - often the Treasurer, Head of Trade etc.) as well as with the relevant regional / global MUFG relationship point for the client.
- Develop strong, effective working relationships across all key stakeholder groups, including operations, mid office, risk, RMs, compliance, legal, product etc. - both within EMEA and across the other regions.
- Be the first line of defence in the mitigation of all trade deal related matters pertaining to compliance, legal and trade risk and trade risk management.
The Successful Applicant
- Solid trade experience and proven track record of building trade business and delivering to targets across a broad range and relevant markets, products and client sets. Ideal candidate would have experience with global corporates, Japanese Corporates as well as F.I clients (mainly banks)
- 7-10 years' experience in a similar capacity as above.
- Sufficient product knowledge in Trade, FX & Cash.
- Must have exposure and knowledge of Africa operations/markets.
What's on Offer
R1,500,000 CTC (negotiable based on experience) + 30% - 40% performance bonus based on CTC + 50% medical aid