You are here
- Global Auotomation Technology Leader
- Multinational Engineering Giant
About Our Client
Our Client is a global player in the automation technology fields. They have various business units within the South African business receiving support from Global. The regional diversification of the Group means this global player offers international opportunities for employees with the backing of a globally recognised brand.
As Engineering Manager will manage an engineering team of 6 specialised Engineers with a production environment of around 60 highly technically orientated induvial.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leads Engineering teams which have responsibility for a number of product or sector areas, ensuring delivery of a portfolio of projects on time, in full. Provides direction to the teams with a focus on safety by design, on time delivery, quality, and margin improvement.
Customer and sales:
- Builds close relationships with key customers, actively seeks feedback and innovates with the customer to shape and deliver solutions and drive and deliver improvement. Ensures that the company is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer. Takes oversight of engineering support provided during the bid phase, supports presentation of proposals to customers. Works with Business
- Development to target new opportunities with clients. Presents new technology and innovation at conferences and client events.
- Takes contractual oversight of work within own area of responsibility, holds regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contract risks.
Planning and control:
- Ensures that the Engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed and equipped to satisfy business needs. Takes oversight of the planning and control process in the Engineering teams. Holds regular reviews to ensure that the teams are delivering work to both the customer's and the company.
As well as:
Risk and opportunity management:
- Creates and implements strategies and plans to ensure that that Engineering teams are able to satisfy the current and future needs of the business. Ensures that the required engineering competencies and systems are understood, developed and correctly implemented.
Supply chain management:
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that the correct suppliers of services and equipment are available to support the engineering activities.
Technical leadership and knowledge sharing:
- Fosters and promotes a culture in the Engineering teams which gathers and shares best practice and learning both from inside and outside the Business Unit.
Processes and tools:
- Initiates and drives continuous improvement activities. Develops, implements and improves relevant processes, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the Engineering function. Ensures local procedures align with Group policies, processes and procedures and are correctly implemented.
People leadership and development:
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR polices.
Finance and budget:
- Responsible for creating the financial plans and budget estimates for the unit/business area. Oversees adherence to these plans and estimates.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a rotating motor or automation industry background. He/She will also have strong improvement, process development & Engineering - bespoke or batch production lines experience.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with operations and opportunities to advance within this market leader. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.