You are here
Multinational consumer product manufacturer
Over 35,000 employees globally
About Our Client
Our Client is a multinational consumer product manufacturer with operations in Gauteng and the Western Cape. This Fortune 500 Company has over 35,000 employees globally and is a leader in consumer & personal care products.
As Engineering Manager some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure assets are maintained in a "Safe to operate" condition at all times while promoting all aspects of safe working practices to meet all safety and housekeeping objectives of the plant.
- Ensure that all relevant statutory and legal requirements are adhered to as required by the appointment as GMR 2.1 of Occupational, Health and Safety Act and Regulations (OSH Act, Act 85 of 1993).
- Develop and execute a world class maintenance strategy for the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, Civil's, within the plant maintenance teams.
- Develop and implement best practice management, encompassing lean methodology in the areas of, Capex, preventive maintenance and project management excellence in the area of systems and processes.
- Lead, plan and execute Mill efficiency and plant capacity and improvement modification projects.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through empowerment, education and training. Develop a sense of belonging by creating a workplace that encourages high involvement and maximises the capabilities of team and individuals. Focus on identifying potential leaders through Culture demonstration.
- Ensure compliance with the expenditure budget allocated.
- Promote continuous engineering benchmarking and development of KPI's while driving continuous improvement in terms of cost management.
- Energy and environment: develop and execute continuous improvement programs linked to consumption and specific prices.
- Manage and monitor compliance with Corporate Best Practices.
- Develop and organize management systems under ISO 14000 and V2015 concepts.
- Proactively explore strategic and tactical opportunities for the site regardless of function and engage the FMT, Extended leadership team and facility manager as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a manufacturing environment with a strong exposure and track record to management level. He/She will also have strong improvement, process development & plant maintenance experience within the FMCG environment. SAP experience & GCC (factories) is highly beneficial for this role and will be critical to the development of the candidate.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with operations and opportunities to advance within this market leader. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.