You are here
Opportunity to lead the Southern African Employee Relations operations
Full responsibility of end-to-end ER matters including strategy & implementation
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational manufacturing company specialising in industrial equipment for the mining sector. The company has a rich history of leading its sector across various global locations. Operations across Southern Africa include South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
Reporting into the Country HR Manager, the Employee Relations Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the entire ER function, including strategy & implementation, wage negotiations, union engagement, and CCMA representation. The ER Specialist will work closely with line managers to provide advanced support and advice regarding grievances, disciplinary matters and legislation.
This individual will also work hand-in-hand with the company's legal team to ensure that all policies and procedures remain compliant at all times.
The Successful Applicant
Key criteria for the Employee Relations Lead include:
- It is important for the Employee Relations Specialist to have a full understanding of an industrial background (mining, manufacturing etc.)
- Labour Law / Labour Relations Qualification is essential
- The successful candidate must be able to travel across South Africa and Southern Africa if required
- Ability to both develop and implement ER strategies aligned to business
- Preference will be given to candidates who are inline with the company's employment equity objectives
What's on Offer
Ability to lead the regional ER function within a multinational organisation along with an attractive market related salary.