You are here
- Essbase Functional Specialist - EE
- Cape Town based Essbase Functional Specialist
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed diversified financial services business which provides solutions to individuals and institutional clients. The client's expertise include financial planning, retirement, trusts, asset management, risk management, capital markets, investment & wealth, and insurance.
My client is one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in South Africa based in Cape Town. They are currently looking for an OBIEE Functional Specialist who will combine consulting skills, business knowledge, and expertise to deliver solutions that integrate technology into the client's business environment in order to achieve business results. Reporting to the Head of Service Operations, the OBIEE Functional Specialist will also be responsible for the following:
- Management, design, development, implementation and support of the EPM suite
- Optimising and troubleshooting the use and performance of Hyperion Planning: namely cubes, HPCM & OBIEE User interfaces, catalogues and manage workflow and integration across these capabilities.
- The assignment and provisioning of security across the Essbase and related OBIEE capabilities via WebLogic.
- Facilitate the implementation and support of modules to enhance business functionality and overall performance of the application, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Perform design, configuration and testing activities in various modules of the application w.r.t. new or existing functionality
- Analyse the current business processes and scenarios and recommend/develop solutions to meet the clients need
- The successful implementation of solutions or upgrades by providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on products to clients.
- Carrying out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedures including upgrades/changes from the vendor.
- Developing and evaluating plans and criteria to be carried out by others while providing direction and leadership
- Providing detailed knowledge of industry best practices through experience, research and development.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
- Ensuring that the application version is current and relevant. Interpreting technical manuals and documentation and providing instruction manuals for non-technical users; providing training in all modes of usage of systems, products and services providing information on the full range of capabilities including dealing with exception conditions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in IT, IS or related field with a minimum 5 years' experience of key integration point between Business knowledge & process design skills is essential
- Good inter-personal skills, including influencing skills.
- Experienced in collaborating effectively with others to achieve personal and team results
- Self-starter, able to show initiative and work with minimal guidance.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solution-driven, passionate and energetic.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and initiative as well as a proactive mindset.
- OBIEE knowledge and experience
- Oracle EPM knowledge and experience
- Hyperion knowledge and experience
- Oracle BI knowledge and experience
- OLAP cubes experience
What's on Offer
R600,000 CTC per annum to R700,000 CTC per annum