You are here
Executive, Database Services
5 Years Senior Oracle DBA Management Experience
Oracle 9g and 11g Certified
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest retails groups in Southern Africa, the Executive, Database Services will be based in the Johannesburg Head Office
The Executive, Database Services will be accountable for the following:
- Design and architect a solution based on a client's specific needs and on a variety of infrastructure including dedicated physical hardware or a Hosted Private Cloud
- Create Database data models deliverables working in conjunction with either a solution or business architect (e.g., application, business, information, infrastructure, security) to address business projects, translating user requirements to solutions.
- Research, design and communicate integration solutions as part of projects and/or programs, applying software design theories, principles and practices.
- Review and approve work performed by team members and 3rd party vendors.
- Strong experience managing large scale databases
- Oracle: Database Management, primarily Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c. This includes troubleshooting, performance tuning, and familiarity with Oracle networking; along with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Understanding of Oracle installation and patching processes, along with service request handling and understanding of Oracle OEM, Grid Control, DbConsole, and 12C Cloud Control; and Oracle backup and recovery features, especially RMAN (Recovery Manager) for backups
- Will be a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team.
- Setup, installation, and support for the Microsoft SQL Server database management system, along with SQL Server Failover Clustering. Understanding of Actifio is beneficial.
- Setup, installation, backups, and support.
- Provide monitoring, performance, and tuning of the four database management systems
- Experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems is required to create database server installation scripts
- BASH, KSH, AWK and NAWK scripting
- Performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
- experience with Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c
- familiarity with the following:
- Best practices in relation to creation of aggregates, volumes and iSCSI LUNs
- Zoning hosts to storage via command line interface
- NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI protocols
- EMC, IBM, and Hitachi (Vion) storage arrays
- Oracle databases, PL/SQL, and other scripting languages
The Successful Applicant
As the Executive, Database Services you will need to have the following experience:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, key Database design and configurations.
- Exposure to integration technologies such as Fusion, ODI, JMS, XML, Web Services or similar.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including ERP, Cloud (SaaS), Reporting & Analytics and integration.
- Deep understanding of the Database architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
- Ability to stay up to date with technology trends, best practices, strategies and product roadmaps.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise, counsel, and effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of various IT business systems in the marketplace as it relates to the industry and/or domain and able to demonstrate and apply operational standards, best practices and align it with organizational strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of business architecture to evaluate options and/or implement solutions to support decisions to the process.
- Storage Architecture.
- Software installation and configuration.
- Administration and Maintenance.
- Capacity Planning.
- Security Management.
- DB Clustering (High Availability).
- Data Warehouse/Big Data Architecture and Lifecycle Management.
- Data rescue
What's on Offer
My client is offering a cost to company ranging between R650 000 and R750 000 per annum