You are here
Executive, Scrum Master
- Agile Practitioner Certfication Mandatory
- Infrastructure Team Management Essential
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest retails groups in Southern Africa, the Executive, Scrum Master will be based in the Johannesburg Head Office
The Executive, Scrum Master will be held accountable to:
- Provide new team members with training on agile and scrum practices.
- Manage SDLC and assist the team with improvements.
- Ensure adherence to the scrum practices.
- Assist the team in removing impediments.
- Empower the development team by facilitating improvements such as engineering practice and process improvement.
- Staff coaching.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution, with an emphasis of problem solving.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure successful delivery of solutions to the business
The Successful Applicant
As the Executive, Scrum Master your profile will be inclusive of the following:
- 7+ years of practical experience as a Scrum Master or Scrum Coach.
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Expert in Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Demonstrated skills in time management & organization understanding of product development.
- Knowledge of traditional project management in the software industry.
- Test Driven Development - deep understanding of Risk based Testing.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Ability to define and tailor metrics to Group IT requirements.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games - Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs etc.).
What's on Offer
My client is offering a cost to company ranging between R650 000 and R750 000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience