You are here
Finance Manager / Oil and Gas Global Leader / Mozambique
Candidates must be fluent in both Portuguese and English
Commercial negotiation experience is essential
About Our Client
Our client is an oil and gas global leader leading a promising project across Mozambique.
- Build, develop and manage the overall Finance & Accounting function within the entity.
- Implement the necessary IT infrastructure and support, including ERP and appropriate management information (MI).
- Establish and coach a motivated and efficient finance organization, geared for the anticipated rapid growth.
- Establish and build the necessary relationships with external 3rd parties including Banks, Revenue and Fiscal authorities, Auditors, Suppliers, and Retirement Fund committees, etc.
- Prepare the entity's financial reports and present findings and recommendations to management and shareholders. Also ensure timeous and effective internal communication throughout the business and shareholders.
- Comply with all Group and Statutory requirements of the entity at both local and Shareholder level. Ensure that all requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive and efficient internal control framework in line with Operating Shareholder policies and procedures. Maintain a strong focus on cost control and working with management to eliminate cost leakage.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and effective working capital and treasury management framework. Ensure that stock levels and operating costs are reviewed on a regular basis, and an efficient process is in place for corrective actions.
- Comply with local tax regulations and legal / secretarial requirements. Ensure that a (tax) efficient legal structure and relevant processes are in place at all times.
- Provide day-to-day support to the entity general manager and help to define and drive business and process simplification, and supply chain optimisation.
- Assist with the Procurement responsibilities including tender contract negotiations, contractor selection etc.
- Assist with strategic leadership and creation of a vision for the Finance function that translates into clear objectives and metrics.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional Accounting qualification applicable to Mozambique, preferably Chartered Accountant / CPA
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar function
- Commercial negotiation experience is essential
- Proven experience in influencing, networking and interacting with senior levels in the organisation, including experience in communication on an executive level
- Experience in balancing financial and business needs to deliver business performance
- Ability to deliver against aggressive timelines
- Fluent in both Portuguese and English
What's on Offer