You are here
3-6 months contract with a large legal firm in Gauteng
Ideal candidate to start as soon as possible
About Our Client
Our client is a leading law firm with operations in various African countries, including South Africa.
The role of the Finance Manager in the legal sector will entail the following:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack in order to fully assess the performance of the RoA offices
- Reviewing of the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow as prepared by the Financial Accountants
- Preparation and presentation of each countries financial performance at a monthly Africa update meeting Lead and co-ordinate the budgeting process for RoA in order to set performance targets for performance monitoring and control throughout the financial year.
- Ensuring that Firm internal controls for the different accounting cycles and processes are customized and applied in RoA offices in order to ensure consistency across the group, where practical and allowed by local legislation.
- Engage with the RoA managing partners, in-country finance teams and business services stakeholders for completion of their various annual budgets.
- Preparation of the budgeted income statement, balance sheet and cash flow, statements including determining funding needs for the year ahead
- Participate in the annual external audit through assisting the in-country finance teams with an audit plan and execution
- Present findings to the CFO and GFM for board approval
- Develop relationships with Partners and senior managers as a trusted financial advisor
- Maintain strong working relationships with and have open and transparent communication between all members of the team
- Support the business as and when ad-hoc financial request come in and provide information that is accurate, of a high standard and delivered within required timeframes
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidates for Finance Manager should possess the following:
- 8-10 years post article experience, with at least 2-3 years management experience and 3 years financial accounting experience in the Rest of Africa
- Must be able to communicate at executive level
- Intermediate/advance MS Office knowledge
- BCom Hons with articles or equivalent essential
- CIMA, CA (SA) preferable
- Ability to start ASAP
- The role will be based in Johannesburg
What's on Offer
Lucrative offer in line with skills and experience