You are here
Financial Accountant, Portuguese/English
- Our client is a leading multinational company within the energy sector
- International exposure in Portuguese-speaking countries, Angola & Mozambique
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational company within the energy sector with significant operations across Sub Saharan Africa including Angola and Mozambique.
The Financial Accountant will be working with Portuguese-speaking operations and may need to be based in country (either Angola or Mozambique) with responsibility for:
- Ensuring all cash reports and supports are completed, filed and forwarded for processing. Efficient and effective planning is required to ensure optimum cash balances are maintained.
- Payments made at all sites to all suppliers / service providers in accordance with proper payment controls. AP reconciliations to be kept up to date.
- Employee advances recording and timely settlements.
- Bank maintenance and reconciliation of the bank accounts for various entities in country, including control over bank signatories.
- Ensuring internal control guidelines for payments and purchasing are fully implemented on all sites.
- Liaising and reporting, answering questions relating to all financial matters of the projects.
- Analysing expenses with a view to enable Operations Managers to control costs on site.
- Ensuring a fixed asset register is maintained and regularly updated.
- Preparation of model month end file for internal control purposes with detailed review of the trial balance. Liaise with service providers to action items identified during the review.
Ensuring compliance with local regulatory requirements:
- Ensuring and monitoring tax compliance (both direct and indirect tax) and ensuring returns are filed on time and that adequate taxes are deposited.
- Liaising between the local tax authorities and regional tax teams.
- Ensuring all Company Law and Secretarial matters are complied with and deadlines for submissions are duly met.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors, service providers, bankers, tax office and operations department.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience.
- Preferably 2 years with a multi-national company.
- Strong accounting and internal controls fundamentals.
- Able to produce, develop and maintain accurate reports and procedures.
- Able to work with minimum of supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness.
- Willingness to travel locally / regionally.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
What's on Offer
Our client will take care of housing allowance, travel costs, etc.