You are here
Financial Controller - Global Oil & Gas Company
- Financial Controller - Global Oil & Gas Company
- Financial Controller - Downstream,Oil & Gas
About Our Client
Our client is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 45 countries. It has expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 7,500 employees.
Their core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products, and are underpinned by investment in infrastructure which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product. Their downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors.
Our client currently has a global network of over 2,000 retail service stations. And also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Financial analysis, planning and reporting. Monitor and evaluate the performance of local accounting team, functions, policies, systems and procedures in achieving strategic objectives. Ensure compliance with our clients' rules and procedures.
Control general and property accounting, internal auditing, budgetary controls and ensure compliance with corporate and local tax requirements. Develop, analyse and interpret statistical and accounting information and appraise profitability and performance against budget. Coordinate and produce annual budgets and financial forecasts.
Prepare and review organization's monthly and yearly financial statements and reports to ensure they have been accurately prepared, present findings and recommendations to the top management. Reports may include auditor and financial analyst reports; profit and loss statements and balance sheets; and regulatory reports and findings.
Maintain and develop vendor and customer relations. Maintain follow up of registration matters, agency agreements and agent relationships in a given location. Ensure maintenance and compliance of customs files with local regulation.
Produce monthly and annual tax returns for relevant registrations and countries. Co-ordinate tax audits.
Participate in projects relating to tax matters, establishment registration and product group reporting.
Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop accounting team to ensure that organization's accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to relevant regulations, laws, and standards. Appraisal, coaching and mentoring of Accounting team.
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required; postgraduate degree preferred.
- 4+ years (5-6 for regional) experience in financial/accounting management.
- CPA/CA/ACCA Certification preferred.
- Experienced in taxation.
- Audit experience is preferred in public accounting or internal audit.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (other languages will be a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong financial, technical and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking abilities and team orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of organization
What's on Offer
Market related salary + Performance bonus + 100% medical aid + 15% pension contribution