You are here
Financial Controller - International Automotive Distributor
Global organisation with newly set up operations in South Africa
Growth and development opportunity within an international corporate
About Our Client
Our client was founded in 2005. The company's line of business includes the wholesale, and retail) distribution of new and used passenger automobiles, trucks, trailers, and other motor vehicles. Specialising in 9 global brands.
The company launched in South Africa in 2015 and is in its infancy, but with a growth rate of approx. 100% year on year within SA and with over 200% growth achieved in its global operations, they plan to become a major global competitor in future.
- Preparation of budgets and business plans for our client's SA Importer, as well as their Cape Town & Johannesburg dealerships based on current and agreed pricing, margins and costs, designed to meet the objectives of the shareholders.
- Control of the daily and prompt recording of revenues and expenses so as to generate monthly management accounts designed to monitor the group's performance against budget objectives.
- Commercial support to Operations Manager and other local management, including control of expenses and identification and development of gross margin and revenue opportunities.
- Control of cash flows, funding and banking relationships including management of the group's trade finance and floorplan facilities
- Generation and compliance of all statutory accounting reports, taxation returns and maintenance of all required corporate registrations.
- Control of local stakeholder relationships including auditors, SARS, insurance and Reserve Bank
- Management and development of local finance team of 3 staff
- Development of ERP systems and improvements to business processes to meet the ongoing needs of the business
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Managerial experience of approx 3 years
- Experience in working in distributor/retailer environment is highly desirable
- Background in automotive industry is desired but not essential
- Team player, that has the ability to be assertive yet approachable to staff (small team environment)
What's on Offer
R900,000 - R1,100,000 + Performance Bonus + Laptop + Car allowance