You are here
Attractive Salary Package
JSE Listed Company
About Our Client
United Pharmaceutical Distribution is a division of the Clicks Group which is a health, and beauty focused retail and supply group that has been JSE listed since 1996. The Clicks Group is the leader in the South African health care market with Clicks pharmacy which is the fasted growing and largest retail pharmacy chain with over 350 in store dispensaries and a direct - to - direct courier pharmacy service through Clicks Direct Medicines.
The Clicks Group has been involved in health care for over 40 years with UPD's head office in Gauteng and operating in three divisions being Distribution, Wholesale and a direct to patient division. UPD has warehousing infrastructure in five regions. UPD Distribution has a 26% market share of the private pharmaceutical market and is the largest distributor of volume.
UPD is the only national full-line wholesaler in South Africa and has a nationwide distribution infrastructure. Its distribution network processes more than 65 000 line items per day and covers more than 18 000 kilometres per day.
UPD Wholesale stocks in excess of 14 000 products and also provides a 24 hour emergency delivery service to hospitals that have run out of life supporting medicines.
The main responsibilities are:
- To support the Head of Finance through leadership of the relevant financial functions of all statutory entities, across all relevant departments(AP,AR,FA & MA)
- To lead, develop and manage the performance of direct and indirect reports and lead the overall performance of the finance department, accounts payable and the relevant accounts receivables.
- To optimise working capital through maximising the cash flow of the business and ensure a sustainable cash position and working capital by applying systematic cash flow forecasting and payment controls, rigorous cash flow management metrics and optimally drive initiatives through order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes.
- To manage the accuracy of all stock valuation reports and ensure the accurate capture of stock valuation figures.
- To prepare financial reports and ensure the financial results of the business are complete, accurate and timeously recorded in accordance with applicable accounting standards, relevant legislation and Group guidelines.
- To support the maintenance of an effective procurement system, ensuring that resources and budgets are aligned with procurement initiatives, proactively addressing any deviations to procurement operating budgets and expectations.
- To ensure the appropriate controls and the quality of analysis of stock loss and proactively drive actions focused on reducing waste / shrinkage, improve productivity and extract efficiency's of investments.
- To coordinate and facilitate governance and compliance across the business in accordance with industry and the Group's GRC frameworks in order to monitor and mitigate risk (reputational, business and financial).
- To manage, monitor and account for financial risk exposures and adhere to accounting policies.
- To drive the implementation and consistency of financial disciplines and controls throughout the business and ensure that measures to improve audit outcomes are effectively implemented.
- To contribute and participate in business valuations, investments, costings and financial feasibility studies in order to support management accounting, negotiations, new business developments and decision-making.
- To maintain sound business partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure that measurable benefits are achieved through process alignment, controls and conformance.
The Successful Applicant
- Non-negotiable requirements are:
- CA(SA) essential, MBA would be an added advantage
- Equity candidates(ACI) may only apply
- 10 years experience with at least 5 years in a senior financial management position within a listed/medium capitalised company
- Extensive experience within distribution, logistics, FMCG or manufacturing industries
- High volume, high transactional, inventory management experience in semi- automated industries
- Sound transactional/operational experience with a strong business acumen
What's on Offer
Market related salary package