You are here
General Manager - Nigeria
- Our client is a multinational company of the FMCG sector
- General Management experience in Nigeria is mandatory
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational company of the FMCG sector leader in its segment activity. As part of its West African growth strategy, we are looking to recruit his-her General Manager in Nigeria.
Based in Lagos, you report to the Group Steering Committee and are responsible for all the activities development in the Nigerian market.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Steering the local entity meaning being responsible for the company's P&L implying the supervision of its industrial activity,
- Adapting and implementing the Group's vision and long term strategy in Nigeria together with the Committee based in Europe,
- Overseeing the budgets and its operational and financial reporting to the headquarters and representing the Group in the relationship with Nigerian public and private authorities,
- Structuring the company around all necessary industrial, operational and human means to optimize the Group priority which is business development optimization to strengthen the brand at a national level entailing the development of a new product and client strategy,
- Making sure human resources are taken care of, federated trained and accompanied with the support of the local functional team,
- Identifying and assessing all the risks and issues at stake linked to the local entity and taking the necessary measures to control them.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a minimum of five years proven success record in a General Management position in Nigeria for a multinational company of the FMCG sector which is mandatory. Besides, you have a good knowledge of country management involving a production site and its legislative constraints. You have a high commercial acumen together with a strong appetite for being in the field with your teams. Finally, you are recognized for your outstanding negotiation, communication and leadership skills and are fluent in English.
What's on Offer