You are here
Governance Controller: Operations
- Bloemfontein & Devland
- Governance Controllers open to extensive travel
About Our Client
As a franchised bottler of a Soft drink international giant, we operate in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), North West and parts of the Free State in Welkom and Bethlehem. We have five state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution plants in Devland, Midrand and Pretoria in Gauteng as well as Phoenix and Premier in KZN, with 3200 employees, where we produce more than 300 million unit cases per year.
Sarbanes Oxley, Internal and External Audit:
- Prepare and review current internal controls (standard within organization)
- Review proposed documented processes and procedures to ensure that efficiencies and effectiveness within the operation are not negatively impacted
- Monitor that internal and external audit findings are closed out within agreed deadlines
- Provide independent testing
CSA - Control Self-Assessment Tool:
- Collaborate with team and operations for proposed changes to CSA's
- Quarterly submission to Head Office
- Monitor that action plans and deadline dates are being delivered on by the operation
- Independent testing on CSA's (twice per annum)
Regional Audit Committee Meeting:
- Partner with the regional FM for the preparation and running of the RAC meeting.
- Identify risks and opportunities and report to management
- Provide agreed governance reporting to the regional and financial management
- Align governance and processes reporting across the region, highlighting best practice and recommend actions
- Highlight key governance, control and process deficiencies to the regional teams and agree time-lines to close out.
- Stock counts: Attend, co-ordinate, approve results & process improvement
- LDP's: Testing, reporting, corrective actions & ensuring management responsibilities performed
- Continuous improvement in governance practises to streamline process
- Support to Governance Controller: Systems on identifying, building, testing and implementing system driven controls
- Partner with HQ to mitigate SODs
- Ensure compliance to corporate governance practices.
- Ad-Hoc process and governance evaluation.
- Independent assurance of control framework status
- Rating of compliance failures at regional level (excluding any audit findings)
- Management of corrective actions that are adequate and mitigate risk.
- Accountability matrix for regional failures.
The Successful Applicant
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Outstanding analysis skills to generate business insight on risks, controls and potential solutions.
- Strong operational knowledge.
- High attention to detail.
- Detailed process and analytical ability.
- Good self-management practices and able to work well in multiple teams.
- Ability to work with people at various levels of the business.
- Strong verbal / analytical reasoning ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reporting writing skills, translating large amounts of information into succinct, actionable points for management attention
- Strong communication and influencing skills
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BCom or equivalent
- 2-3 years operational finance experience
- Previous governance & control experience an advantage
What's on Offer