You are here
Group Chief Technology Officer
- Recruiting for an EE/AA South African citizen with previous CTO experience
- Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for all technology platforms
About Our Client
Our client is based in Johannesburg North and is well known media/broadcasting business.
The Group Chief Technology Officer will be reponsible for the following within this media / broadcasting business.
- Strategy and Planning
- Investment and Budget
- Acquisition and Deployment
- Operational Management
- Budgets & Costs
- Plan and manage the relevant budgets/cost for initiatives and projects within the role's area of responsibility
- Direct strategy towards effective resource allocation
- Implement adequate operational planning and financial controls
- Monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform the board of significant changes
- Maintain the operational performance of the company.
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Plan and direct company activities to achieve affirmed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence.
- Build and maintain an effective Leadership/Management team.
- Provide strategic support to the Leadership/Management team and inspire them to deliver key performance targets.
- Communicate and implement decisions of the Group Executive Management of the Holding Company and the Board of the Company to all levels of the Company.
- Comply with the financial policies and procedures of the Holding Company ensuring that:
- Oversight is maintained in respect of company assets being regularly and properly evaluated, monitored and adequately secured
- Ensure that the Company sets appropriate BBBEE procurement targets in line with the BBEEE policy of the Holding Company and achieves these on annual basis
- Take full accountability in conjunction with the leadership/management team for the recruitment, selection and development of the Company's teams; ensuring that:
- The Company sets and attains appropriate targets in relation to Employment Equity
- The Company complies with all human resources policies and practices of the Holding Company
- Ensure that organizational culture is maintained and developed, including its values, the
- reputation in the market while taking into account the various stakeholders
- Provide leadership and define reporting structures for the Company
- Ensure succession plan in place
- Direct the transformation, diversity and inclusion agenda for the Company
- Act as a representative of the Company to the public, key stakeholders, and business partners, which may include regulators, industry forums, Broadcasters, Telecommunications Operators, and Distributors.
- Reporting and Communication
- The Board and the EXCO receives regular reports on the current state of business
- The Board and the EXCO's decisions are implemented in a timely and effective manner
- Quarterly and annual reports are submitted timeously to the Board and the EXCO for consideration
The Successful Applicant
The Group Chief Technology Officer will have the following background.
This role is open to South African citizens only from an EE/AA background.
You will have 15 - 20 years senior ICT Management experience within the media/broadcasting/telecoms industry
What's on Offer
A negotiable salary of R1,500,000 cost to company per annum is on offer.