You are here
Group Financial Manager
Agricultural, Mining & Chemical Industry
About Our Client
Our client is a diversified group with specialised services and solutions for the agricultural, mining and chemicals industries. The group has its roots in the fertiliser and agricultural industry, with an in-depth understanding of its core markets in South Africa, as well as its mining market into Africa. Their Headquarters are based in Johannesburg with operations in 15 African countries and six international countries, the group possesses six decades of experience in their field if business.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Accounting strategy, management, control and operation across the Group
- Optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position at Group and business unit level.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams at Group and business unit level.
- Work with senior management teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans to deal with the day to day operations to improve financial and operating performance.
- Ensure the corporate budgeting processes are carried out timeously, correctly compiled and reviewed before submitted to the Group Financial Director and Board for approval.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate working closely with the Group Financial Director.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties including customers and advisers.
- Directing the preparation of financial reports, summarising and forecasting the organisation's financial position such as income statements, balance sheets, cashflow statements, key ratios and analysis of future earnings and income.
- Assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects.
- Advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings.
- Delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Developing and overseeing group procurement policies and strategies
- Providing day-to-day direction and management of organisation's, directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieving specific goals, and maximising profit and efficiency.
- Authorising the funding of major capex programs, business expansions or acquisitions.
- Preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to the executive management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships throughout the divisions and global footprint as well as external networks.
- High level reporting and alignment for approvals as well as preparing board documentation for approval.
- Work closely with group advisers including auditors, tax advisers and legal counsel
- Work closely with all direct and indirect other employees:
- Review in conjunction with the General Manager: IT all aspects of the Group ERP systems and other application systems, including the implementation, running, upgrade and enhancements to meet the ongoing requirements of the group
- Review in conjunction with the Group Manager: Mergers and Acquisitions all aspects relating to potential acquisitions and/or disposals including the valuation, accounting implications, funding, controls, systems, staffing and other that will be relevant on a project by project basis
- Review in conjunction with the Group Treasurer, all cashflow, funding, hedging, forecasting and other treasury related functions in South Africa, Africa and abroad as well as the funding for capital projects and capital raising events
- Review in conjunction with the Group Head: Legal all commercial agreements and negotiations of contracts that will have a financial other impact on the business
- Oversee the correct implementation and management of IFRS standards and anticipate the impact of changes to the standards that happen from time
- Review in conjunction with the Group Tax and Compliance Manager, all tax planning including but not limited to dividend payments, transfer pricing, applications for special tax allowances and other special tax related matters in South Africa, Africa and abroad
- Review in conjunction with the Group Management Accountant the ongoing reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) functionality to ensure that the various Group reporting standards are enhanced and remain consistent
- Review in conjunction with the Group Financial Accountant the ongoing statutory and technical reporting issues and other financial matters that impact on the Group
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified CA (SA)
- MComm (Taxation)
- MBA will be advantageous
- At least 10+ years' experience in an senior financial managerial position at group level in a medium to large multinational firm with operations in South Africa, Africa and abroad
- Must come from a manufacturing/mining background or similar industry experience
- Advanced knowledge regarding GAAP and IFRS
- Strategic business planning and analysis
- Experience on large ERP systems - preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX or equivalent
- Strong facilitation, commercial negotiation, influencing skills and leadership abilities both inside and outside the organization.
- Business acumen with a flair for economic analysis, with a strong understanding of global politics and the impacts on exchange rates.
- Excellent financial modelling skills, particularly in demonstrating the benefits of using various complex financial instruments.
- Risk management of the total treasury function (including accounting impacts under IFRS)
- Strategic understanding of the issues and developing the necessary approach to address these areas
- Excellent knowledge of the local and international foreign exchange and commodity markets
- Innovative with a knowledge of treasury and financial accounting systems
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Change management and conflict management skills
- Proactively develops top-performing teams and establishes key collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and all levels of employees.
- Team player.
- Proven leadership skills, with good written and oral communication.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
What's on Offer