You are here
Group Internal Adjudicator
Senior level position at Financial Services Company
10 years or more of legal financial services experience
About Our Client
Our client is a large financial services and insurance provider.
The Group Internal Adjudicator will be responsible for the following:
- Adjudication of disputes between the Company and Clients in an amicable way, thereby ensuring a high quality resolution of disputes.
- Review cases as referred to him/her from the Customer Facing Unit's (CFU) Customer Fairness Committee (CFC), and or from Senior Leadership from the organisation.
- Recommending on issues related to the acceptance or rejection of claims; product design and performance; business rules, practices and policies; advise given and service related issues and concessions, taking all aspects pertaining to policy contracts into account including law, fairness and equity considerations.
- Supporting clients and senior management by taking both legislative requirements (e.g. treating customers fairly (TCF) principles and other market conduct related legislation) and stakeholder interests into account when advising the Company of the most appropriate dispute resolution option.
- Be the point of contact between the Company, and have the primary relationship with all financial services industry Ombud offices (LT Ombud, FAIS Ombud, PFA, etc.)
- Consider complex complaints (cases which have not been resolved after having gone through the internal resolution forums) where an independent view is required.
- Be the first point of contact for all complaints and enquiries coming from the Industry Ombud Offices as well as from the Regulators
- Take into account potential precedent and systemic risk posed to the organisation and or customer when making decisions
- To serve on customer committees (BU Customer Fairness Committees, etc. ) and provide an independent view on customer issues
- Liaise with market conduct stakeholders (e.g. Group Head of Market Conduct, etc.) to discuss and provide insights into customer related matters.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following minimum qualifications and knowledge:
- Admitted attorney
- 10 years or more experience in the financial services or insurance sector
- Knowledge and experience in legal insurance matters as well as in life insurance matters
- Knowledge of investment and insurance contracts/policies
- Understanding of arbitration processes
- Excellent negotiation skills
What's on Offer
The salary for this role is around R1 000 000 TCTC per annum but is negotiable and commensurate with experience. Benefits and bonus will be discussed with successful applicants.