You are here
Group Procurement Manager
Cross Functional Procurement Responsibility
Strategic and Operational Function
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational leader in construction and building materials. Headquartered out of Johannesburg, Gauteng for the Southern African region, this leader offers a diverse range of tailor made solutions for every building/habitat need.
Celebrating over 340 years in experience and with over 160 000 employees across the globe and and operations in over 63 countries, this giant is held in high acclaim and is noted as an employer of choice.
As the Group Procurement Manager based in Johannesburg, you will be responsible for the following:
- Understand and execute strategic objectives for the business.
- Understand the business strategy, the customers and our products to communicate and deploy the vision in a meaningful way into the department.
- Translate and develop functional strategies for Supply Chain that are relevant to the function to ensure that Group (local and international) targets are met.
- Develop a road map for the medium to longer term while also considering detailed short term changes to realise the longer term vision.
- Responsible for the developing, documenting and implementing the Group's comprehensive procurement compliance processes.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the procurement department, build, manage and empower a team of subordinates to implement the procurement strategies, policies and procedures on a tactical and operational level.
- Lead according to the culture and values of the business and in accordance with the Business's Principles and Conduct and Action.
- Planning, directing and coordinating the activities of sources and buyers in purchasing materials, products, and services and providing efficient purchasing and inventory control services and securing the company requirements of materials, equipment, consumables and services in convenient quality, price and timing from the best sources locally and/or internationally in accordance with approved systems and regulations, and consequently contribute in the company resources optimisation.
- Involved in the CAPEX tendering processing, sourcing suppliers and quotes, and ensure accuracy/appropriateness of products/services and pricing
- Maintain effective supplier relationships and evaluate/audit suppliers frequently and ensure alignment to Weber and Group policies
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent should possess the following minimum criteria:
- 4-year degree minimum
- MBA preferred
- SAPICS Certification advantageous
- 10 years minimum experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement related role.
- Proven track record in managing procurement team and commodities in an international company
What's on Offer
On offer is a competitive Cost to Company package, plus Bonus.