You are here
Group Strategic Project Manager
Group Level Program Manager - reporting to Board
About Our Client
Our Client is a global Super-major with operations throughout the continent. With a diversified mix of energy solutions, our Client is looking to further entrench themselves in the region as the leader in energy production and distribution. Employing over 100,000 people globally, they offer a unique culture of excellence with opportunities to develop ones career on an international arena.
The successful candidate will conduct Group reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and also evaluate operational effectiveness.
He/She will ensure that the business strategy is aligned with Global strategies and takes full consideration of overall country regulatory and political framework.
Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for:
- Designing an optimal programme structure to ensure ease of delivery within the overarching Strategic Framework. Reporting to the Country Chair and Board providing assurance on the on-time and quality delivery of all levers and track the delivery of all targets.
- Monitor and scan the external environments for key changes affecting the strategic direction.
- Lead the development of reporting requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes on the regulatory and political framework in order to ensure that the strategy remains robust and will deliver expected returns to the Group.
- Communicate any changes to the Business work stream leads.
- Challenge each work stream's and lever's delivery (financial / operational / other) and establish simple reporting methodologies for the Group.
- Support the work stream leads to develop the individual project plans, resourcing and reporting to ensure delivery.
- Support & facilitate work teams as needed. Where required, also take on a work stream or lever lead role.
- Determine interfaces to other key delivery projects, namely the Transformation plan, Talent Development plans, and HSSE country plans and ensure inputs, tracking and reporting are in place.
- Develop and maintain a concise programme Risk Matrix and oversee related mitigation plans.
- Develop and monitor a comprehensive 'sign posts' process to scan key internal and external developments that may impact the strategic direction.
- Identify and address, or escalate for resolution, any issues / blockers affecting the programme delivery.
- Develop clear stakeholder management plan and support the communications plan for the Group Strategy and associated projects, together with the Centre of Excellence, and support the execution of this plan, including developing content, logistics arrangements and presentation delivery.
- Where necessary, work with external suppliers to develop and execute requirements, together with the relevant contract holders (e.g. communications agencies).
- Co-ordinate reporting needs together with finance, streamlining & simplifying reporting outputs.
- Take the lead on representing the Group at the major Industry Forum as required (e.g. SAPIA etc.).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be highly experienced in simultaneous project management and program reporting. He/She will have a strong & proven track record dealing with highly senior individuals and engaging with political stakeholders as well as regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong technical background able to engage with diverse individuals both internally & externally and provide assistance/guidance where needed.
The successful candidate will have strong post-graduate qualifications and will further be well versed across a wide range of areas in the Oil & Gas space.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary offer for the right calibre candidate as well as the opportunity to become the primary accountable person for this function in South Africa. He/She will have opportunities to travel and develop within a multinational organisation.