You are here
Head of Data Management
JSE-listed Financial services company is growing their Analytics and Data team.
Head of Data Management - EE
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed financial services provider of insurance, investments, asset management, private banking, capital markets, investment banking, wealth and investment management services to individuals as well as corporates.
Based in Cape Town and reporting to the Executive: Data and Analytics, the Head of Data Management will take responsibility for the prioritization, development, and management of the Master Data Systems, the provisioning of Data Services, the improvement in Party Data Quality and the business's data acquisition strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for Management of the Data Management Team which comprises of Master Data Administration (MDA), Data Acquisition, Data Governance and Quality teams.
The incumbent will be tasked with setting the priorities, policies and targets for data acquisition in support of the Group's Strategic and Financial Plan, and in accordance with the Group and Business Divisions marketing and IT strategies. The Head of Data Management will have an intimate understanding of Master Data Management best practices including data enrichment and acquisition principles which will be necessary to deliver in a fast moving Customer Centric business.
The incumbent will also have the following key result areas:
Governance & Compliance
- Provide "Thought Leadership" and introduce global best practices on data governance
- The development of the scope of the Data Acquisition Framework based on consultation with key stakeholders
- Stays informed of all regulatory, legislative and other issues relating to the acquisition and management of data in general
- Chairing of the Data Governance Forum
- Business owner on strategic projects and Master Data Management systems
- Handles all queries in adherence with procedural and quality standards
- Manage the data integrity and data function that continuously improves party data quality
- Manages and coordinates the process of party data quality assurance
- Ensures adherence and compliance to the Data Governance Framework & Policies
Vendor & Contract Management
- Manages service level agreements with suppliers and customers
- Establishes, monitors and reports SLAs and performance
- Ensures all established SLAs, agreements and commitments are met through proper planning and delegation
- Identify key vendor contacts and develop an execution model including value propositions for each targeted prospect
- Negotiate agreements with internal stakeholder and third parties as well as resolution of contractual issues related to those agreements
- Plans, manages and controls the Data Management budgets
- Optimizing the operation environment to drive business value based on the ability to weigh cost/usage and benefit to ensure what is acquired is appropriate and adds value to OMEM bottom line
The Successful Applicant
- B Qualification 5/10 years business experience preferred in a data management environment
- 5 years middle management experience managing business and/or technical teams
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge and experience in working with data
- Knowledge and experience in Party Data Governance, Quality Management and Master Data Management
- Knowledge of the enterprise Data Warehouse Environment
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Coordinates work streams and projects within span of control
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO EE CANDIDATES ONLY IN LINE WITH THE COMPANY'S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY OBJECTIVES.
What's on Offer
R900,000 CTC per annum to R1,200,000 CTC per annum