You are here
Head: Digital and Major Programmes, Africa
Managing large programmes particularly in the Digital space
Responsible for design, development and implementation of solutions
About Our Client
Based in Johannesburg, our client is a multi-national business employing around 100,000 people globally.
This role will report into the Head of IT for Africa and Developing countries and will focus on Digital as well as major IT programmes with a particular focus on Stakeholder Management and Strategic Planning, Project and Portfolio Management and Delivery, Service Management
- Coordinate the projects delivery service
- Ensure successful delivery of Global IT, CBS strategies/programs and other major programs
- Help Regional MCM Lead to develop and deliver digital strategies to support ADC Business Multi Channel ambition;
- Contribute to, and drive where necessary, the development of Global IT strategies to support Business Multi Channel initiatives and seek for new technologies and tendencies, in order to put IT and Business ahead of competitors and to adjust long term strategies;
- Ensure adequate governance of projects delivery, transition to service and ongoing support across the region.
- Ensure adequate governance of Applications services across the region
The Successful Applicant
- At least 8 years' relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2 years' experience in IT management and relationship management with IT vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Content knowledge of Digital and Multi-Channel Marketing.
- Track record in successful IT business partnering, strategy deployment, program and project delivery and service management
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required (in addition to English, French will be an asset )
What's on Offer
A Market related salary is on offer