You are here
Head of Digital
- My client is one of the largest financial services companies in the country.
- Head of Digital
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa based in Johannesburg. They are looking for a Head of Digital to head up a new digital capability within the organization.
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa based in Johannesburg. They are looking for a Head of Digital to head up a new digital capability within the organization. Reporting directly into the Executive of the business area, the Head of Digital will oversee and be accountable for the company's digital business strategy. The incumbent will also have the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for the development of a digital business strategy including research, technology horizon scanning, competitor digital strategy analysis and digital thought leadership within the organization;
- Support the growth of the business by the incorporation of digital products and services into both existing and new client offerings;
- Build and maintain links with relevant digital business partners and stakeholders outside of the organisation;
- Work closely with the Heads of Actuarial and Software Development teams to ensure that any digital solutions fit in with the company's IT Architecture and product strategies for both new and existing client offerings;
- Ensure that digital innovations that are deployed comply with various industry standards including but not limited to Information Security, Data protection and other Financial regulations;
- Work with both Marketing and Executive management in defining a digital customer engagement strategy encompassing all digital customer touch points, including, but not limited to the company website, the company App and other mobile and desktop sales and service tools;
- Ensure relevant user metrics are captured and analysed to refine and improve digital execution and utilisation by clients;
- Make recommendations regarding seamless and efficient customer journeys, backed up by experience, solid logic and user testing where appropriate and that incorporate ALL the company's digital and non-digital channels for a singular high engagement customer experience;
- Display a solid feeling for fresh, functional and easy-to-understand transactional web and "app" design.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate must possess the following as a minimum:
- An appropriate Information Technology, Digital or Commerce tertiary qualification from a credible institution;
- Extensive data science, mathematical and analytical abilities;
- Significant experience in conceptualising and deploying digital business strategies preferably at a technologically advanced organisation with a strong digital footprint;
- In depth understanding of all aspects of web, mobile and other digital technologies;
- Actual experience working closely with software development and data teams using agile methodologies;
- In depth understanding of design fundamentals in the digital landscape;
- Strong leadership, logic, reasoning, problem solving and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and lead and manage complex digital projects;
- A solid understanding of the technical aspects and limitations of different web languages, browsers and mobile operating systems together with a firm view of developing trends in this arena;
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that he/she is in touch with the latest trends, technologies and functionality relevant to digital applications.
What's on Offer
R1,200,000 CTC per annum to R1,500,000 CTC per annum