You are here
Head of Facilities
Our Client is a multinational software corporation in more than 100 countries
More than 40 years' experience in the enterprise software industry
About Our Client
Our Client is a multinational software corporation with offices in more than 100 countries. The company employs upwards of 80 000 people globally, with 500 people across South Africa, and has over 40 year's experience in the enterprise software industry.
The Head of Facilities will:
- Manage facilities in South Africa and also in Africa where contractors are on site (Angola, Morocco, Kenya).
- Expected to travel to the above mentioned countries and therefore ability to travel into Africa is a must.
- Manage contractors of around 20 - 30 people in South Africa.
- Manage roughly 10 direct reports.
- Report activity to the EMEA Head and local CFO.
- Align activity to the Gross Financial Model metric and purposes.
- Lead a team and set clear objectives, ensuring delivery by making the best use of resources.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The hiring and managing of personnel for projects and operations in each of the respective regions.
- Collaborating and partnering with regional shared services.
- Liaising with Global Security and overseeing security in respective regions.
- Managing budgets for each facility on a continuous basis.
- Negotiate fee's and service arrangements with our contractors.
- Coordinate activity of new office construction, renovation and repairs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an MBA with experience in managing contractors & service level agreements with a strong technical background in facilities management. He/She must be a self-manager able of adhering to time lines. He/She will report into the EMEA head and must have strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have experience with remote reporting into African countries with a history of travelling to those regions being highly beneficial. Candidate must be willing to travel from time to time to visit the facilities in Africa.
What's on Offer
A highly lucrative package with 100% medical aid and pension fund contributions from the company including school fees.