You are here
Head of Finance
Multinational Foods Company
CTC: R900,000 - R1,300,000
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational FMCG company, with it's South African operations headquartered in Johannesburg.
The Head of Finance role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead the Finance and Admin team to guarantee that the departments are properly organized, and dispose of the necessary resources to meet the objectives
- Responsible for the financial, tax and legal obligations of South Africa, incl. :
- local GAAP responsibility and accounting - relation with auditors and tax administration
- budget, strategic plans, forecast planning & controlling: supervise FYP, annual budget, FC and reporting
- Legal, tax & insurance: liaise with lawyers, tax advisors, insurance and in alignement wth the group´s guidelines: Ensure that all assets are properly insured and looked after, evaluate the insurance cover based on needs and requirements.
- Pricing policy: responsible for follow up of margin steering and controlling
- Reporting to the Group according to IFRS & Group requirements - especially in terms of timing, quality and completeness
- Treasury and Cash Management: ensure that South Africa dispose of cash to run its operations. Liaise with the treasury department, follow-up cash flow including loans & interests, as well as cash flow planning; be in contact with banks for contract renewal, foreign payments, etc.
- Control and support WCN reduction (stocks and AR) by a continuous and efficient reporting
- Provide the local management with the adequate information to manage the company and reach budgeted targets
- Oversee IT systems implementation and maintenance
- Ensuring the integrity of the accounting system. Performing control tests to ensure the integrity of the data in the accounting system.
- Acting as public officer for the local company ensuring that all statuary returns and payments to any regulating body are made in accordance with the relevant laws (e.g. income tax).
- Select, lead, motivate, support and develop employees in the area of responsibility
- Actively participate in the maintenance of the ERP SAP by being the interlocutor with the SAP supplier
- Manage Provident Fund Business Partner for South Africa.
- Comply with the applicable the Compliance Guidelines
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Finance role requires the candidate to:
1) be a qualified CA (SA)
2) have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (preferably from an FMCG background)
3) SAP knowledge
4) Experience within a multinational organisation
What's on Offer
The package on offer for the Head of Finance role is in the range of R900,000 - R1,300,000 per annum plus Bonus. The offer will be based on the candidates current position and relevant years of experience.