You are here
Head of Procurement
Drive effective decision making around procurement strategy
Executing sourcing transactions and negotiating contractual agreements
About Our Client
As part of a top 10 global bank, our client is responsible for driving the groups emerging market growth strategy across Asia and Africa through digital banking and financial literacy and is focused on innovative, digital offerings to retail and SME business customers across China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia and South Africa. With the regional head office in Rosebank, Johannesburg our client has around 300 people in the local office
The Head of Procurement will have a strong background in Technology/Digital and financial services as well as have the below attributes:
- Participating in short and medium term decisions concerning the organisation's IT strategy and direction.
- Overseeing the management of third party relationships.
- Identifying and evaluating new organisations and product offerings as potential outsource providers for the organisation.
- Building relationships with suppliers with the view to create strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Participating in short and long term planning, utilising risk management assessments and making independent decisions concerning procedures based on an understanding of the organisation's dynamics.
- Understanding business requirements and goals to advise the most appropriate sourcing approach
- Engaging the appropriate set of stakeholders to develop and gain endorsement for sourcing activities
- Executing sourcing transactions, in alignment with the Business and Sourcing Strategy and negotiating a binding contractual agreement
- Facilitating and resolving commercial disputes
- Responsible, with the Risk organisation, for identifying and managing risk of deals with internal and external stakeholders, escalating as required
- Providing support and coaching to staff
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with critical processes and policies and continuous improvement of procedures and policies
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Procurement will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in a related discipline e.g.: IT, Business or Commerce and / or procurement accreditation
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers/supply chains with proven ability to assess the capability of suppliers, their improvement plans and commercial proposals.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with service providers, while negotiating best terms for the organisation's business units.
- Familiarity with IT technical environment.
- Ability to understand outsourcing contracts and seek timely advice on technical and operational perspective from both internal and external sources to ensure the most favourable commercial outcome.
- Project and contract management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
What's on Offer
Our client is looking for the correct skill and is negotiable depending on the candidates experience