You are here
Head of Sales - Lubricants
A global energy organisation is looking for a Head of Sales for Lubricants
based in Johannesburg
About Our Client
BP is a global energy company with wide reach across the world's energy system. They have operations in Europe, North and South America, Australasia, Asia and Africa. They have a diverse portfolio balanced across businesses, resource types and geographies. Having upstream and downstream businesses, along with well-established trading capabilities, helps to mitigate the impact of lower oil and gas prices. The geographic reach gives them access to growing markets and new resources, as well as diversifying exposure to geopolitical events.
Acquired in 2002 Castrol is widely seen as the world's truly global lubricants specialist. Castrol's motor oils for automobiles and motorbikes are particularly well known.
Reporting to the Africa Lubricants Sales Director this role will lead the South African, team of qualified sales professionals ensuring adherence to safety across the sales network and delivery of the sales objectives (volume, margins and strategy). The role will be responsible for in year activation of South Africa's sales and marketing business plans to achieve the strategic objectives of the company.
The Head of Sales role will be based in Johannesburg and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Implement the Strategic deliverables, enabling growth optimisation across the sales team increasing the brand visibility across the relevant markets
- Work in partnership with the business (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and Africa Sales team) to deliver growth, profitability, working capital targets in line with in-year Plans / Strategy.
- Deliver on all KPi's and ensure safe, sustainable and reliable operations
- Deliver key financial and non-financial targets in the Mining, Industrial, Franchise workshop and High-street sectors
- Lead the South African annual plan cycle in support of continuous performance and strategy delivery
- Lead adhoc projects in service of the business agenda, as applicable.
- Support and Lead People agenda in Lubricants, specifically, accountable for capability development and talent management within the South African cluster.
- Coach and lead the team to provide clarity of roles and accountabilities for Sales staff and inspire and motivate the organisation to raise the bar on performance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Sales candidate will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
- Must be innovative with fresh ideas
- Ability to engage, manage and grow stakeholders
- Ability to develop, coach, and challenge the sales team
- Ideally B2B and B2C experience, retail and automotive on the supplier side
- Good at building and maintaining relationships
- 10 years of sales experience
- 5 years in a sales management position
- Strong numerical skills
- Degree minimum but ideally a masters
- Business acumen and understanding of P&L responsibility
- Strong negotiation skills
What's on Offer
A competitive market related offer.