You are here
Head of Technical
Global construction & related services consortium
Internal business with diverse subsidiaries
About Our Client
Our Client forms part of an international Group which specialises in construction and refurbishments. Having multiple subsidiaries within the industry, this organisation fulfils a pivotal role in providing services and products to the other subsidiaries within the group as well as providing services & products to external clients.
As the Head of Technical you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that the existing range of products and systems delivered by the Group perform safely, reliably and competitively once installed.
- Involvement with relevant associations with the purpose of promoting the company's strategic objectives and the legislative objectives.
- Net-working amongst all stakeholders in green energy, fire, regulatory or policy field in order to develop new technologies and solutions and to remain ahead of trends.
- Maintain the integration of all Group products throughout all Technical Solutions activities nationally.
- Investigate new technologies that will enable Technical Solutions to give a better or more professional service. A possible source of these technologies is from networking activities.
- Final vetting of all technical information and communication including contents of all TSDP and CPD training, brochures and editorials.
- Ensure that the Project Packs are system focused (integrated) and that the Intellectual Property within the documents is effectively used, whilst being protected.
- Ensure that procedures that have been set and are maintained and where appropriate optimized to ensure safe, reliable and competitive solutions and specifications are delivered.
Further, management of the team will include:
- Plan and execute technical department strategy in line with business strategy.
- Facilitate development the capability of the team to ensure specifications and technical advice is of a high quality.
- Where necessary, address sub-standard performance timeously to ensure sound technical advice is continuously given.
- Perform all managerial administrative functions for the technical team (ie. approving leave etc.)
- Prepare and manage technical department budget.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a building/construction environment with strong exposure to management level. He/She will be fully competent on SAP.
What's on Offer
Competitive market related package on offer plus benefits - depending on work experience. Our Client offers international opportunities for exceptional talent.