You are here
- Integration Architect - Retail Industry
- My client is one of the largest retail companies in the country based in Gauteng
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest retail companies in South Africa based in Johannesburg.
Reporting directly into the GM: Architecture & Solution Design, the Integration Architect will define the architecture roadmap for integration, manage Solution Architects to deliver end to end high level design artefacts, and define and manage the SOA strategy. The incumbent will also have the following key responsibilities:
- Ensuring the alignment of enterprise IT architecture with agreed business outcomes and IT strategy, based on relevant IT Architecture Enterprise principles and frameworks.
- Investigates strategic IT trends (including initiating and executing relevant proof of concepts) and provides feedback regarding the impact and alignment required
- Understand, manage and reduce complexity within IT landscape
- Establishing policies and procedures to develop reusable patterns for technical and operations solutions
- Effectively communicate the architecture principles and plans across the IS and business communities in an accessible fashion
- Provide an independent, unbiased view of the implications of business and technology scenarios within and across enterprise
- Define SOA layering design principles
- Define integration access governance and service registry
- Assist in product selection for Integration tools
- Provide guidance and coaching to Integration Solution Architects and Specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Understand internal and external business requirements as it relates to the change initiative.
- Define the integration methodology taking into account middleware tools and data architecture.
- Perform annual asset health assessments
- Develops an application integration solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change.
- Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements.
- Collaborates with data owners when creating integration solutions.
- Liaise with IT Project Managers and IT Delivery Coordinators to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Provide guidance and coaching to developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Establish traceability between requirements and application integration solution architecture design.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Define a change release strategy for application integration change initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities
The Successful Applicant
Technical Qualification Requirements:
- Undergraduate technical degree (e.g., BIng, BSc) or equivalent experience in Technology
- ITIL,SCEA,APQP, TOGAF exposure
- Experienced developing data models, master data management solutions within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Previous software development
- Expertise with one or more of the following message bus platforms: MuleSoft, IBM WebSphere, Sterling Integrator, MS BizTalk, Oracle Fusion.
- Previous solution architecture
- Significant integration projects exposure for large scale integration solutions
- Display a strong understanding and/or experience of working in fast paced multichannel retail environments.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an Integration architect.
What's on Offer
R1,200,000 CTC per annum to R1,450,000 CTC per annum