You are here
Leaf Processing Coordinator
Process Engineering position within FMCG Market Leader
Global Brand Leader
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader within the FMCG space providing a critical opportunity for a successful candidate to build their career within an exciting and challenging environment, which embodies skills development and business excellence. Our client is also a Multinational organisation with a global footprint as well as a regional footprint.
Raw Material Processing Coordinator's Principle Responsibilities and Functions:
The Processing Coordinator will have a number of internal and external reports and will involve effective client and supplier engagement.
Manage Production Quality and Integrity:
o Plan, prepare and execute assessments (pre-season qualifications, in process verification, weight verification, NTRM and other reporting verification)
o Maintain templates for assessment and reporting
o Carry out detailed statistical analysis of data, report findings and suggest corrective actions
o Maintain market / region KPIs up to date, contribute to interpretation and identification of issues / improvement opportunities
o Perform equipment calibrations and maintain records. Act as key trainer for all quality aspects relevant for market.
o Provide technical information necessary for the establishment of Price Forecasts and setting of Variable Incentive Margins.
o Provide data for bench-marking of conversion cost / charges and participate to identifying improvements / savings.
o With some supervision, prepare business case for local equipment appropriation or approval of local projects / initiatives.
o Lead projects with simple structure (typically one stake-holder, only own function involved) and limited resources (1 to 4 indirect reports), taking responsibility for planning activities, reporting outcome and communicating with project sponsor. Project Scope: execute purchase orders for expenses up to $50,000.
o Interpret technical brief and translate into objective and criteria of success. Plan and execute trials, independently, applying experimental design techniques and statistical evaluation of data. Deliver results and technical interpretation as well as report findings in high quality technical reports.
o Take lead role in qualifications of new equipment or products, manage plans, and interface with decision makers and issue documentation.
o Ensure KPIs and data are available to support development of regional strategies. Participate to development of regional and global strategies in selected areas of expertise.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must meet the following background and skill requirements;
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
o Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering is highly advantageous)
5+ year's in Manufacturing or QA Supervision roles with proven record of using experimental design techniques, statistical data analysis techniques, and project management.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral skills
- Statistics analysis applied to manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing, six-sigma and process improvement
- Total Quality Systems and auditing
- PC skills: MS Office - Excel, Word and Power Point
- Fundamental Competencies: action oriented, customer focus, integrity and trust, priority setting, problem solving
- Clear and constructive communication: comfort around higher Management and peer Relationships
- Courage: Standing alone and being able to handle a high pressure environment
- Emotional Intelligence: composure, self-knowledge, listening and calm mindset
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Learning on the Fly, Organisational Agility and business excellence mindset
- Understand the complexity of the Raw Material Processing & Technology's communication map (multiple affiliates, external suppliers, stake-holders in all functions).
- Understand complex supply chain and develop awareness of impact of own actions on finished product.
- Develop soft skills to interface with internal and external stake-holders, and influence course of action. Achieve objectives through use of indirect resources (internal and external)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the Raw Material Processing Coordinator role, will have the opportunity to join a growing company environment and a market leader within the FMCG space based in Gauteng. Our client offers a competitive market related salary package with key benefits. The key benefits include Medical Aid contribution, Pension Fund contribution and UIF, as well as the potential for on the job training and development.