You are here
Legal Advisor - Insurance
Multinational Insurance provider, based in Johannesburg
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational financial services provider. This role falls within their long-term insurance division.
The Legal Advisor will be responsible for the following:
- To negotiate, draft, vet, settle and interpret contracts including service contracts for the group as a whole.
- To provide end-to-end product development advice from a legal perspective
- To provide commentary on FAIS, FICA, FATCA and RDR
- To update on legislative and regulatory changes
- To propose changes in business processes, systems and documentation to avoid legal risks.
- To research and give legal opinions on a variety of, legal matters
- To advise on business rules to be applied in operational areas, and provide input into changes into business rules where required by changes in regulatory environment or where shortfalls are detected.
- To align processes with strategic objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements for the role:
- Admitted attorney or advocate
- Completed LLB degree
- At least 5-7 years post-admission experience within the long-term insurance environment
- Product development knowledge is essential
- Excellent regulatory knowledge with specific knowledge of FAIS, FICA, FATCA and RDR
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is between R650,000 and R750,000 but is negotiable for suitably qualified candidates. Benefits and Bonus to be discussed upon successful application.