You are here
Legal Specialist - ICT contracts
Financial Services Corporation, based in Johannesburg
About Our Client
Our client is multinational financial services provider.
The successful Legal Specialist would be required to perform the following duties:
- To negotiate, draft, vet, settle and interpret contracts including service contracts for the group as a whole.
- To be closely involved in the negotiating, drafting vetting and settling of IT contracts - specific knowledge of IT terminology and processes.
- To avoid legal proceedings by settling disputes and with regulatory interventions.
- To propose changes in business processes, systems and documentation to avoid legal risk.
- To research and give legal opinions on a variety of legal matters.
- to ensure that service levels with internal customers are maintained.
- To align processes with strategic objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent will ideally possess the following essential requirements:
- Strong ICT drafting skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of cloud-based services and concepts, software provider and distributor's agreements and general Fintec and regulatory knowledge.
- Admitted attorney with at least 4-6 years of post-admission experience in an ICT industry or focus on ICT law.
- Insurance industry and financial services knowledge would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
The salary range on offer is between R600,000 - R700,000 and is negotiable. Benefits and bonus will be discussed with successful applicants.