You are here
EE/AA Candidates will be given first preference
Seeking candidates from Construction, Mining & Manufacturing backgrounds
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational organisation that specialises in manufacturing and customising equipment for construction, oil & gas, and mining use. In addition to this, they also provide spare parts and maintenance services as part of their service offering. Their global footprint spans into 182 countries, employing over 32 000 people globally and 1100 people locally.
The Logistics Manager role will report directly into the Regional General Manager and will be responsible for providing leadership and coordinating the different aspects of supply chain in order to achieve customer satisfaction while actively contributing to sustainable and profitable growth within the organisation.The role will also aim to ensure that local processes, procedures and concepts are in line with global standards.
In order to successfully manage this department, the successful incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing the strategic vision and goals of the supply chain department.
- Develop and lead a team of customer service, warehouse and logistics professionals.
- Create a pleasant and inspiring work environment, maximising effectiveness of the team.
- Maximise service levels to our Customers and minimise supply chain costs.
- Develop and Implement cost saving initiatives for the department.
- Initiate improvement projects (process improvements, quality improvements, etc) where necessary.
- Coordinate with Business Area Vice Presidents responsible for Logistics in order to use the same standards worldwide in physical distribution, inventory management, shipping and reporting.
- Drive business development through managing Inventory & Orders, Customer Service, Inbound & Outbound Logistics, Warehouses and Regional Branches.
The Successful Applicant
The Logistics Manager will have the following attributes:
- A Degree in either Commerce, Engineering or Supply Chain related fields (non-negotiable)
- A minimum of 10 year's experience in Supply Chain Management (non-negotiable)
- Experience in Construction, Mining or Manufacturing industries (non-negotiable)
- A minimum of 5 year's experience in Management positions
- Excellent Communication skills - written and oral
What's on Offer
The Logistics manager will receive the following package:
- A competitive market related salary
- Car allowance, Medical Aid and Pension benefits
- 13th Cheque and Performance Bonus benefits