You are here
Shipping / Imports / Exports
About Our Client
My client is a South African distributor network company operating in the skincare industry in over 125 countries globally.
The Logistics Manager will be based in Cape Town and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for importing raw materials and machinery from various countries around the world, and exporting finished goods and collateral to a worldwide distributor network.
Establish a specialised logistics operation within the organisation that will pioneer world-class Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain systems and processes, and integrating these with freight forwarder's systems.
Assess existing and potential freight forwarders, extensive mapping of all shipping routes and system integration / automation opportunities will need to be explored.
Responsible for all aspects of exports and imports, including ascertaining new export country documentary requirements, considering optimal shipping routes and lines and setting up a bonded warehouse.
- Providing strategic leadership to the department in support of the business goals and objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes:
- An Engineering or Commerce related Bachelor's Degree from a reputable University
- A minimum of 8 - 10 years experience in Logistics, Shipping, Imports and Exports.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Managerial position
- Previous experience in FMCG and Freight Forwarding
- Strong Commercial and Financial Acumen
What's on Offer
The Logistics Manager will receive a market related salary.