You are here
- Regional Industrial Manufacturing Market Leader.
- Largest Industrial Materials Manufacturer providing unique opportunities.
About Our Client
Our client is a Leading Regional Industrial Materials Manufacturer and Supplier, within South Africa and the Sub-Saharan African Region. This company has 5 operations within the country and exports to external markets. It is the largest leading Industrial Materials Manufacturer and maintains a staff compliment of 2000 people.
Core responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer position will include but not be limited to:
- Custodian and analysis of all plant assets and their performance according to specification.
- Custodian of Condition Monitoring standards (Vibration, Tribology and Thermography).
- Identify, investigate, motivate and implement corrective actions maximising performance of all machine centres in conjunction with maintenance planning and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide assistance as required to the first line maintenance team in the event of breakdowns and assist in the coordination and prioritisation of shutdown workloads.
- Monitor and advise timeously on equipment and system obsolescence.
- Complete Failure Mode Error Analyses on all breakdowns and investigations, formulating and implementing corrective actions to rectify.
- Continuously update predictive and preventative maintenance procedures on Root Cause analysis.
- Identify and implement training and mentoring initiatives to all technicians and apprentices.
- Keep abreast on all latest technology and best practices and implement where appropriate.
- Lead relevant project planning initiatives ensuring timeous resolution and implementation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a manufacturing environment with a strong exposure and track record to management level. He/she will also have a high level analytic ability with excellent communication skills and be able to work under pressure in a team environment as well as an ability to take responsibility.
What's on Offer
This Regional market leader offers career development and progression opportunities within the greater group for driven and successful individuals while offering a competitive remuneration package.