You are here
Maintenance Foreman/Site Services Foreman
- Maintenance/Site Service Foreman, Regional FMCG, Breweries, Gauteng.
- Oppertunity to join leading regional FMCG organization situated within Gauteng.
About Our Client
Our client is a regional FMCG company based in Gauteng who are experiencing rapid growth. The client's business involves 3 distinct facilities. These facilities supply the northern South Africa region and distribute into Africa, with each facility having its own GM and HR Manager.
The client's business is primarily focused within production and packaging. Within production/packaging there are currently circa 260 employees, but with the current growth being experienced this is likely to increase to 320 by mid 2017.
The production/packaging division is defined by highspeed outputs, with 6 production lines operating on a two shift system, involving 16-22 operators on the line, and generates an output of 15,000 bottles per hour. Most lines operate 24/7. There are currently a total of 120 stock keeping units (SKUs), with 20-25 SKUs per line.
The role of Maintenance Foreman/Site Services Foreman involves, but is not limited to:
- Administration of team functions
- Ensuring machinery and equipment on site are maintained
- Improving overall site equipment efficiency and efficacy
- Departmental budgeting
- Managing people
- Supporting Operational requirements
- Health and Safety
- Projects/Project management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess the following experience/skills:
- Must have sound knowledge and experience in the operation of boilers, compressors, glycol plant, electrical equipment and reticulation as well as water reticulation.
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Knowledge of all plant (workshop/engineering) equipment, tools, machinery, apparatus and materials
- Minimum of NQF 5 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience within a bottling environment would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years' practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in managing a team/people
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in programs such as SAP, MS Office and MS Outlook
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
What's on Offer
The opportunity being offered is for the role of Site Service (Facilities and Utilities) / Maintenance Foreman.
This role offers a unique and energetic working environment within a reputable regionally based FMCG organisation. There are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
The organisation offers a competitive remuneration package coupled with medical aid, pension and performance bonus.