Role details

Maintenance Supervisor - Interantional FMCG organisation

Midrand   •  Permanent

Bullet points

  • High-speed Artisan supervisor within Globally reputable organsiation
  • up to R 650,000 CTC + bonuses

About Our Client

Our Client is an internationally known organisation within the FMCG environment whereby multiple brands are associated with this organisation. With multiple manufacturing and packaging sites in South Africa, our Client offers opportunity to be trained and seconded to various sites throughout the cluster/world and employs over 50,000 employees worldwide.

Job Description

The Maintenance Supervisor will:

  • Manage a team of 14 operators;
  • Report into the Maintenance Manager;
  • Be responsible for the development of the change-over procedures and innovation implementations;
  • Project execution and development within the Maintenance department;
  • Preventative & schedule maintenance;

80% of the incumbents time will be spent on maintenance (scheduled, preventative or otherwise) while the remaining 20% will be spent on skills development.

The incumbent will also be resposnible for:

  • Hands-on training of subordinates and development of talent within the operator team;
  • Leadership of shop floor operators while being able to be hands-on within the various packaging & filling lines;
  • Be able to communicate, in a very visual manner if needed, to English and Zulu speaking employees/ subordinates.

The Successful Applicant

The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with a strong education background. He/She will be an Artisan, qualified as a Fitter and/or Fitter & Turner with at least 10 years experience on high-speed packaging & filling lines. The Successfully candidate will be a strong leader and able to identify talent and train those on correct operating produces, change-over procedures as well as preventative and scheduled maintenance procedures.

The Maintenance Supervisor must be very hands-on and technically inclined within the high-speed FMCG environment.

What's on Offer

Competitive market related package on offer plus benefits - depending on work experience as well as offering the opportunity to develop and receive training within the organisation. Relocation assistance where needed in the appropriate circumstances as well as a clear succession plan.

Apply for this job

Click the Apply or LinkedIn button below or contact Etienne Rusconi on +27 11 303 8321 quoting job reference 14450
As you are using an Apple iOS device we are unable to offer you the CV upload function. Please apply with your Linkedin profile below or contact Etienne Rusconi on +27 11 303 8321 quoting job reference 14450