You are here
- Multinational FMCG Manufacturer
- Globally recognized brands
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational consumer product manufacture, packager and distributor, with locations based in Gauteng and the Western Cape. The organisation has approximately 600 employees and is a market leader within its sector.
As Maintenance Supervisor your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Working together with the Permit Coordinator and local authorities to ensure that installations are performed in compliance with local regulations.
- Service equipment including boilers, compressors, generators, transformers, switch gear and HVAC equipment.
- Production support equipment including feeding and dust collection systems, tobacco recovery machines and pumps.
- Solving root cause problems rather than the results of root causes.
- Promoting a culture of quality at source and ownership of machinery and equipment.
- Participation in FMEA (Failure Modes and Effect Analysis) analysis to determine the best maintenance practices.
- Maintain equipment in good physical condition both functionally and its external aspect
- Ensuring mechanical work is performed safely as per EHS policy and guidelines.
He/She will assist the Plant Engineer in ensuring that continuous improvement relates not only to the quality of production and engineering but to the general well-being of all. Lastly he/she will provide support to electricians, mechanical fitters and others, in their pursuit for excellence. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring that all mechanical services are installed in the factory according to company quality standards while guaranteeing easy access for maintenance, lowest life cycle cost, and safe operations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with a strong educational background as well as have a high level of experience within an FMCG environment. He/she will also have a proven track record of running effective maintenance strategies across machinery and equipment as well as a background in building effective teams. He/she will also be action oriented, be comfortable around higher management and have effective skills in conflict management. The ideal candidate will be functional and technical in nature and have a high level of experience in process management while being skilled in problem solving and presenting.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with multinational operations and opportunities to advance within this market leader. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.