You are here
Managing Director Zimbabwe - FMCG
- P/L responsibility of 100 Million business
- Rare opportunity to lift up an FMCG organization to international standa
About Our Client
Our client has emerged as one of Africa's largest and most respected traders in agricultural products that employs 7000 people globally. Their portfolio of over 25 different commodities includes: cashews; oilseeds; sugar; coffee; pulses; wheat; fertilizer; rice; maize and sesame seeds. Following a comprehensive strategic review the Group has identified 5 key Verticals aimed at delivering the next phase of growth within select markets. These Verticals are comprised of: Fertiliser; Exchange Traded Commodities; Cash Traded Commodities; Consumer Brands and Warehousing and Logistics.
As one of Africa's leading traders in food-related commodities, our client has over the past 30 years steadily capitalised on opportunities to improve margins and grow shareholder value by diversifying into consumer branded products across a number of key East, Central and Southern African markets including the UK. The Consumer Brands Vertical has the responsibility for the management and growth of all consumer branded products.
One of their subsidiary in Zimbabwe is an established milling operation. Utilising its own manufacturing plant the business is primarily focused on milling and selling highly recognisable branded wheat and maize based products through both retail and industrial channels. Following a recent reorganisation they are now repositioned as a Consumer Branded entity thus enabling the business to focus on manufacturing and selling a broader basket of branded products that exist within the "Consumer Branded Vertical".
We are now actively seeking for an executive FMCG profile to join as the Managing Director to execute their ambitious strategy.
Reporting to the CEO (who is based in South Africa) the Managing Director must effectively lead and direct the business, its employees, assets and resources to effectively deliver the objectives of the organisation's strategic plan and financial performance metrics. This must be achieved in accordance with the Board/Key Stakeholder approved mandates.
In addition to providing leadership for the locally based management team, s/he will be required to work collaboratively with the broader Consumer Brands Executive Team and other key management as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will justify:
- A proven record of success at a senior level in general or commercial management in the consumer branded products industry;
- At least ten years' senior level experience of managing people & resources and implementing world class management principles and techniques;
- Graduate level preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline and/or a professional / post graduate qualification;
- An in-depth knowledge of the industry;
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation for the demands of conflicting interests and meeting all statutory requirements;
- A very high level of commercial/financial awareness with excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Consummate professional and compliant with the role's fiduciary duties;
- Highest integrity and ethical standards.
What's on Offer
A fantastic opportunity to join a USD 3 billion business that is grworing aggressively in the region.